The Midlands TUC Women’s Committee are holding an event on Saturday 10 November from 11am - 3pm entitled ‘Communities on the Breadline’. Speaking at the event will be Valerie Vaz MP and local councillor Beverly Whyte, who will be running a seminar on the need for women to become active. Other activities planned for the day include:
Friday, 21 September 2012
Communities on the Breadline
· Domestic Abuse DVD made by young people
· Entertainment provided by Children and Young people, including Irish dancers and little ballet troop
· Health treatments eg massage, provided by young people training for qualifications at Walsall College
· Occupational health – JENNPEN will be taking blood pressure
· Silent tribute to all women in the armed forces
The venue is St Paul's Church, The Crossing, Darwall Street, Walsall, WS1 1DA.
To book a free stall, contact Caroline Crolley on 07850 734 500.